Showing the single result
What Is Azithromycin?
Azithromycin is a prescription antibiotic medication that helps fight the problems caused by bacteria. This medicine can help treat various bacterial infections, including respiratory infections, ear infections, skin infection, eye infections, and sexually transmitted diseases. This medicine is also under study for its ability to fight against the COVID-19.
This drug is available in oral tablet and suspension form, and you can easily buy azithromycin online with a doctor’s prescription. This medicine also comes under the brand name Zithromax that have the same effects as its generic counterpart but usually cost a bit more. Try consulting a doctor about whether you should go for the brand-name version or the generic.
How Does Azithromycin Work?
You can take this drug orally. When it reaches the liver, the body readily absorbs it, but the absorption is more significant on an empty stomach. This drug comes to its peak concentration in adults in roughly 2 to 3 hours from consumption. The body actively transfers this drug to the infection site, where it starts to show its effects.
This medicine prevents bacteria growth by interfering with protein synthesis. This drug binds to the 50S subunit of the bacterial ribosome, which inhibits the translation of mRNA. By disrupting the multiplication process, azithromycin help control the bacterial infection.
How To Take Azithromycin?
While it is effortless to order azithromycin online and start using it for the bacterial infection, try consulting a doctor about its safe usage. People often don’t follow their doctor’s advice while taking this drug and expose themselves to this medicine’s adverse effects. It is essential to remember that the dosage and treatment period might not be the same for every infection type.
You can take the extended-release oral suspension (liquid) on an empty stomach, 1-2 hours before or after a meal. When taking this drug’s liquid form, make sure to measure it with a dosing syringe or a medicine cup or special dose-measuring spoon.
Avoid stopping using this drug before the prescribed period because the symptoms might improve before the infection clears. Stopping early or skipping a dose can increase the risk of further bacterial infection that becomes resistant to antibiotics.
Also, this medicine will not help people who have viral infections like the flu or common cold.
The typical azithromycin dosage for different bacterial infections are as follows:
- The standard dose is 500mg once a day for three days.
- A doctor might prescribe 500mg for the first day, followed by 250mg per day for the next four days.
- Take 500mg per day for three days.
- Consume 500mg on day one, followed by 250mg every day from 2nd to 5th
Urethritis and cervicitis
- 1-gram dose if the condition is not a result of gonorrhea.
- 2-gram dose if it is a result of gonorrhea.
Genital ulcer disease
- Take a single 1-gram dose.
Acute middle ear infection
- The amount Is usually 30mg/kg of the body weight taken as a single dose.
- The doctor might prescribe the 10mg/kg of body weight once per day for three days, or
- 10mg/kg of body weight on the first day, followed by 5mg/kg body weight for the next four days.
- Take 500mg the first day, followed by 250mg per day for the next four days.
Mycobacterium Avium complex disease
- For treatment – take 600mg once per day along with the drug ethambutol.
- For prevention – consume 1,200mg once a week.
Pharyngitis or tonsilitis
- Consume 500mg on day one, followed by 250mg once a day for the next four days.
What To Know Before Taking Azithromycin?
Before deciding to buy azithromycin online or offline, try talking to a doctor about its benefits and dangers. It is easy to make an informed choice when you know what things to do and avoid while using this drug.
- Try avoiding this drug if you have a medical problem, including liver or kidney disease, heart rhythm disorder, low blood potassium levels, myasthenia gravis, long QT syndrome, etc.
- This drug might cause live bacterial vaccines not to function correctly. Make sure not to get vaccinated while using this drug, unless the doctor approves it.
- If you take any prescription or non-prescription medication, make sure to let your doctor know about them because mixing this drug with other medicines might cause adverse effects.
- Try not to use this drug during pregnancy or if you are breastfeeding without consulting a doctor. While there is no apparent risk, it might negatively affect the unborn kid or the infant.
- This medicine can result in a severe allergic reaction with symptoms, including trouble breathing, hives, swelling of tongue or throat, severe skin reactions, etc. Try to confirm with a doctor that you are not allergic to this drug before using it.
- This drug can make you sunburn more easily. Take special care of your skin while going out in the sun if you are using this medicine.
Azithromycin Side Effects
This drug can also cause some side effects like any other medicine. The symptoms are usually mild, but often people order azithromycin online and use it without consulting a doctor and face this drug’s severe adverse effects.
Common side effects
- abdominal pain
These adverse effects usually vanish in a couple of days without any treatment, but if they don’t visit a doctor.
Serious side effects
- loss of appetite
- dark urine
- yellowing of skin or eyes
- difficulty breathing
- swelling of tongue, throat, or lips
- lack of weight gain
These adverse effects can become life-threatening if not treated timely. Try not to ignore these symptoms, call 911 or visit the ER at the first sign of their occurrence.