Showing the single result
Colcrys is the brand-name variant of the prescription medication colchicine. This medicine helps people with gout and familial Mediterranean fever symptoms and is readily available under both the generic and the brand-name. Anyone with a doctor’s prescription can buy Colcrys online or at their local medical store to start treating their problem.
It is a potent drug belonging to the anti-gout category of medications. When you consume this medicine, it beings to show its effects by reducing the swelling and minimizing uric acid buildup. These effects result in reduced joint pains.
Whether you order Colcrys online or purchase it offline, remember that it can be dangerous if used without caution because it is a potent medication. To minimize the risk of this drug’s adverse effects, try consulting a doctor before consuming it.
Doctors primarily recommend this medicine to treat gout or familial Mediterranean fever. This drug can also help avoid the chest, abdomen, or joint pain caused by specific inherited diseases.
This drug can also prevent gout symptoms. Gout is a medical condition resulting from uric acid crystals buildup in the joints. This problem can cause severe joint pain, but Colcrys can prevent it from happening by blocking the uric acid buildup.
Doctors can prescribe this medicine alone or as a part of combination therapy. Meaning, you will need to use it with other drugs to get the maximum benefits.
While these are the standard conditions that this drug helps treat before you buy Colcrys online, you might want to consult a doctor before using this drug for any of these issues. Due to various factors, the correct treatment varies from person to person, and not following the appropriate treatment plan might expose you to severe side effects of this drug.
The optimal dosage can be different from person to person due to various factors that can affect how this drug functions once you consume it. These factors include:
- Your age
- Type of problem
- The severe of the issue
- Other medical conditions you might have
- How the body reacts to the initial dose
A doctor analyzes all these things before recommending an effective dose. It is crucial not to alter the prescribed dose, as doing so can lead to undesirable effects. Try to consult a doctor about the best dosage before using this medicine if you buy Colcrys online.
The typical Colcrys dosage is as per the following:
Gout flares treatment
- Take 12mg at the first sign of a gout flare.
- Consume an additional 0.6mg after an hour from the initial dose.
Gout flares prevention
- Consume 0.6mg of the drug.
- Take the medication twice a day.
Familial Mediterranean fever
- The effective dose is between 1.2-2.4mg.
- Take the drug once per day.
Colcrys can cause some mild side effects for people who use this drug on their doctor’s recommendation. However, not everyone who uses this medicine will experience its adverse effects. Usually, people who order Colcrys online and use it without consulting a doctor are more prone to its severe side effects.
Common side effects
- Abdomen pain
These are the mild symptoms that don’t last for more than a couple of days and vanish without needing any medical intervention.
Serious side effects
- Muscle weakness and pain
- A pale or gray appearance of tongue, hands,m or lips
- Flu symptoms
- Body aches
- Unusual bleeding
- Easy bruising
- Numbness or tingling in fingers or toes
The severe symptoms might turn life-threatening if not treated in time. If you experience these adverse effects after taking the drug, call your doctor, or visit the ER. Try contacting 911 if the symptoms become unbearable.
Try to learn about what to avoid and do while using this medicine before you buy Colcrys online. Take some standard precaution might significantly help you avoid this drug’s adverse effects. Try asking a healthcare professional about these precautions, or take a look at the below-listed things that might help you maximize this medicine’s benefits.
- Try avoiding this drug if you have kidney or liver disease, a stomach ulcer, heart disease, ulcerative colitis, intestinal bleeding, Crohn’s disease, or other gastrointestinal disorders.
- Several other mental and physical health problems might also adversely affect this drug’s function and cause adverse effects. Make sure to tell the doctor about any health issues you have before using this medicine.
- Several substances might adversely interact with this drug and worsen its side effects. So, try not to mix this drug with other prescription or non-prescription medications, herbal supplements, etc. without consulting a doctor.
- Keep the treatment going even if you feel improvement in the symptoms. Stopping treatment before the recommended period might result in the resurfacing of the problem with greater intensity.
- Your doctor might recommend you go through some medical tests if you are using this drug for an extended period. Long-term use might significantly alter your health, so don’t miss the recommended tests.
- This medicine might decrease sperm production, lowering a man’s fertility. Consult a doctor about this effect for more information.
- Alcoholic beverages can decrease this medicine’s efficacy. So avoid drinking alcohol while using this drug.
- This drug can cause complications during surgery. Make sure to tell your doctor ahead of time about using this drug.
- Strictly control older people’s dosage, as they are more susceptible to this drug’s adverse effects.
- This medicine might harm the unborn child if used during pregnancy, so try consulting a doctor before using this drug if you are pregnant or plan on becoming pregnant.
- Colcrys can also harm an infant by passing into the breastmilk, so don’t use this drug without consulting a doctor if you are breastfeeding.