Showing the single result
What is Dexamethasone?
Dexamethasone is a prescription corticosteroid that prevents the release of inflammation-causing substances in the body. This medication is readily available as an oral tablet, eye drops, ear drops, and oral solution. You can also buy Dexamethasone online or offline as an injectable solution.
This drug comes under the brand name DexPak and the generic name Dexamethasone. Because it is a potent medication, it is only available via a doctor’s prescription, whether you want to purchase it online or offline. Also, note that the generic version of a drug usually cost less than the brand-name counterpart. However, brand-name variants might be available in more strengths or forms.
Doctors primarily prescribe this medicine for treating conditions that caused inflammation and problems related to immune system activity and hormonal deficiency. The issues include:
- Allergic reaction
- Flare-ups of intestinal disease like ulcerative colitis
- Skin disorders like pemphigus, atopic dermatitis, bullous dermatitis herpetiformis, etc.
- Flare-ups of myasthenia gravis or multiple sclerosis
- Adrenal insufficiency, a situation where the adrenal gland is unable to produce the required amount of hormones
- Leukemias and lymphomas
- Rheumatoid arthritis and other rheumatic illnesses like psoriatic, lupus, ankylosing spondylitis, acute gouty arthritis, and juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
A doctor might also recommend using this mediation for the problems not listed above. So make sure to consult a doctor before using this medicine.
How to take Dexamethasone?
When you buy Dexamethaose online or at your local drug store, try using it as per your doctor’s prescription. Doctors typically recommend using this drug for long-term treatment, and all forms of this drug come with severe risks if not taken as recommended.
This drug’s dosage also varies from person to person as many factors including age, type of problem to treat, other existing medical issues, the severity of the condition, and how people react to the drug, significantly affect the outcome of a prescribed dose.
Try following the prescription label and read the medication guide before consuming the drug. Don’t try to alter the recommended dose because taking more than the required amount might lead to severe side effects.
This medicine can affect the result of medical tests. So tell the doctor about using this drug before undergoing any test.
This medication can be habit-forming over prolonged use, so don’t abruptly stop using it because that can cause undesirable withdrawal symptoms. If you want to end the treatment, ask your doctor to taper off the dose gradually to avoid the risk of withdrawal symptoms.
This drug is an FDA approved mediation, which means it is safe to use. However, FDA approval doesn’t mean that this medicine does not have any side effects. While most people who consume this drug don’t face its adverse effects, some might. The risk of encountering side effects is significantly higher for people who buy Dexamethasone online and use it without consulting with a doctor.
Common side effects
- High blood glucose
- High blood pressure
- Low potassium levels
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Stomach upset
These symptoms are typically mild and don’t disappear in a couple of days. Inform the doctor if they linger for longer or if their intensity increases.
Serious side effects
- Digestive problems
- Unusual bruising or bleeding
- Blood in urine
- Blood in stool
- Muscle aches
- Joint pain
- Personality changes
- Difficulty breathing
- Unusual tiredness
- Severe mood shifts
- Congestive heart failure
These side effects can become life-threatening if not treated in time, so make sure to visit the ER or call 911 immediately if you feel any intense symptoms after taking this drug. Also, let your doctor know about the adverse effects.
Mixing any two medications without consulting a professional is usually not a safe choice. Various drugs can interact with Dexamethasone to increase the adverse effects or to make the medicine less effective.
Let your doctor know about all the supplement and mediations you are using, especially:
- Insulin or other oral diabetes drugs
- Drugs to treat Parkinson’s disease or dementia
- Antifungal or antibiotic medicine
- Blood thinner – Coumadin, warfarin, or Jantoven
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like naproxen, aspirin, diclofenac, ibuprofen
- Birth control pills
- Hormone replacement therapy
Keep in mind that the medications mentioned-above are not the only substances that can adversely interact with Dexamethasone. Try talking to a doctor about this drug safety if you are using any medicines, vitamins, or herbal supplements.
Before you decide to order Dexamethasone online or purchase it from your local pharmacy, make sure to learn about the standard precautions you have to take while using this drug. Often, people starting using this medicine carelessly and end up facing this drug’s severe side effects.
Below we have listed what you should do and avoid to keep the risk of adverse effects to a minimum.
- Try not to use this medicine if you have a fungal infection anywhere in your body.
- Vaccines may not correctly work if you are using this drug. So, avoid getting live vaccines during treatment with this drug.
- Try not to consume this drug if you have any medical problems, including osteoporosis, malaria, thyroid disorder, muscle disorder, Glaucoma, Herpes infections of the eyes, liver disease, high blood pressure, tuberculosis, depression, etc.
- This drug can weaken the immune system, which makes it easier for you to get infected. It can also reactivate or worsen an infection you already had. Tell the doctor about any disease or illness you had in the past several weeks before taking this drug.
- This drug might harm the unborn baby, so make sure to ask a doctor before consuming this medicine if you are pregnant.
- Dexamethasone can pass into breastmilk and have undesirable effects on the nursing child. Avoid breastfeeding without consulting a doctor if you are using this drug.
- Strictly control older people’s dosage, as they might be more susceptible to this drug’s side effects.