What is Adipex?
Adipex is one of the brand names under which Phentermine, a prescription weight loss medication used to treat obesity in combination with diet changes and exercise, is available globally. It is prevalent among those who are overweight or obese and dealing with weight-related health problems. As all of America has people dealing with obesity, this drug is one of the most prescribed medications in the United States.
It is primarily included in the diet for a short period when eating nutritional foods, and caloric deficit doesn’t help or doesn’t give satisfactory results. One can buy Adipex online or offline, depending upon its availability and convenience. Phentermine originates from the class of drugs known as sympathomimetics amines and is an appetite suppressant.
How does Adipex work?
Adipex is an appetite suppressant, which essentially means that it decreases the body’s appetite, limiting how many calories you take inside your body. This decrease in appetite occurs because Adipex increases specific neurotransmitters in the brain, such as serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine. When these neurotransmitters increase in the brain, those feelings of hunger decrease resulting in not feeling hungry.
Moreover, when one does not find themselves hungry, they will not intake too many calories, leaving them with a calorie deficit, which is the basis of weight loss. When the body does not find external calories required to do everyday activities, it will use the body’s calories, primarily stored as fat. Some side effects are associated with its consumption, making it crucial to regulate its production and restrict who can order Adipex online or offline to initiate weight loss.
What to know before taking Adipex?
Before taking Adipex, you must know specific things to prevent any mishappening or severe aftereffects, which can even turn ugly sometimes. There lies a fine line between positive and adverse effects of all potent drugs globally, and Phentermine certainly grabs its position on that list. These precautions are not just supported by doctors but also find heavy weightage in major health institutions’ eyes. Some of those are:
- You must not intake this medication if you are allergic to Phentermine, as it can cause a severe allergic reaction, which might trouble you most dreadfully.
- You must avoid Adipex-P if you have a history of heart problems such as congestive heart failure or heart rhythm problems.
- This medication is habit-forming and can quickly turn into an addiction, so you must consume it in regulation and consult your doctor if no positive changes show up over a few weeks of consumption instead of increasing the dose by yourself.
- If you are dealing with typical weight-related problems like high blood pressure or asthma, you must ensure this drug’s safety in your case before taking it.
- If you have a long history of drug abuse, you must consume this drug in lower doses as you might be prone to get addicted to it real fast. Consider switching over to a less addictive and potent drug if there lies a safer alternative.
- Do not commit to this drug if you are pregnant as it can harm the newborn’s mental or physical health, which is the last thing you will wish. If you get pregnant during the treatment, consult your doctor about further procedures.
- Refrain from using Phentermine if you are already using similar medicines like benzphetamine, mazindol, Bontril, Didrex, etc.
- You must avoid adding this drug into your diet if you are consuming any MAO inhibitors such as isocarboxazid or tranylcypromine or have used any of those medications in the past 14 days as it can induce severe health issues.
How to take Adipex?
Taking this medicine is undoubtedly the most crucial part of your treatment for weight loss. You must align with the directions provided to you by the doctor and must refrain from altering any of those to ensure maximum positives out of the drug. If you somehow do not find yourself with a doctor, consider looking upon the patients’ guide or the directions to use provided with the pack.
You should take Phentermine before breakfast or 1 -2 hours after breakfast following the dosing prescribed by your doctor. There lies no possibility of arguing over how important it is to take only the prescribed quantity of this drug and only for the prescribed duration. Gulping over more than the required amount or using it for a more extended period can have dangerous and life-threatening repercussions.
It is wholly your responsibility to consume the correct dosage of this prescription drug so that you get the maximum positive effects. You must talk with your doctor about the dosage plan and move forward with the process accordingly. However, there is a general dosage plan of Phentermine, which certainly gives away some ideas about it.
The typical Adipex dosage is as per the following:
- This drug’s starting dose would be 15 – 37.5 mg once orally after 1 – 2 hours of breakfast.
- It demands the support of a proper diet and exercise to pull off maximum benefits.
You must not forget at any point in time that this drug is only appropriate for a short period and not for months. It has exceptional capabilities to get abused and become an addiction, which in no way will support your goal of losing weight.
Adipex Side effects
Like most of the potent medication available around globally, this too has some side effects which you need to monitor during your treatment of weight loss. Not all of them occur in the patients, but some are prevalent in Phentermine’s consumer. Its side effects fall into two categories: common side effects and severe side effects.
Common side effects
These are mostly manageable and do not require immediate medical attention unless the patient’s condition worsens over time. Still, you must get an overview of these to prepare yourself mentally for the upcoming challenges. Inquire about them at the time of researching the drug or when getting over to buy Adipex online or offline. It includes:
- Difficulty in bowel movement
- Dry mouth
- Unpleasant taste
- Loss in sexual ability or performance
- Redness of skin
- False or unusual sense of well being
- Increased interest in sexual intercourse
Severe side effects
These are the severe side of the Phentermine and require immediate medical attention in most cases. You must not wait for them to get worse as the situation can deteriorate within minutes. These usually occur when one preferred to order Adipex online or offline without researching its severe impacts. It includes:
- Chest pain
- Trouble breathing
- Sweating of feet or lower legs
- Fast and irregular heartbeat
- Trouble thinking, speaking, or walking