Showing all 3 results
What is Diazepam?
Diazepam is a prescription drug primarily used to treat anxiety disorder, alcohol withdrawal symptoms, and muscle spasms. This drug belongs to the benzodiazepine category of medications that works by influencing the brain’s chemical composition.
This medicine is readily available as a generic drug and under the brand name – Valium, and you can easily buy Diazepam online with a doctor’s prescription. Though it is an effective medicine, people can also become dependent on it if they use it for a prolonged period. Due to the risk of abuse and addiction, the DEA put this medicine in the controlled substance category. Meaning you will require a doctor’s prescription to purchase this drug.
How does Diazepam work?
Diazepam comes from the class of drugs known as benzodiazepines, which influence specific neurotransmitters in the brain to achieve desired results. When you consume this medicine, it reaches the brain and increases GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) activity, a neurotransmitter responsible for transferring signals throughout the nervous system. When you don’t have enough GABA in your system, the body goes into a state of excitement, Which can cause anxiety, muscle spasms, or seizures.
Diazepam triggers GABA release and induces a calming effect, which helps curb anxiety, muscle spasms, seizures, and other related discomforts.
How to take Diazepam?
It is essential to follow all the doctor’s directions while using this drug. You can also refer to the prescription label and the medication guide you get when you order Diazepam online or offline. Try not to consume this medicine in more than the recommended quantity, also keep the intake limited to the recommended period.
When used for an extended period, this drug can be habit-forming, avoid using it for more than four months without a doctor’s recommendation. Consuming this drug for long periods can also lead to misuse, addiction, overdose, or death. Inform the doctor if you don’t feel this drug’s effects as usual or think you need to take more than the prescribed amount.
This medicine can be addictive even at a standard dosage. So, when you decide to terminate the treatment, ask the doctor to gradually lower the dose over a couple of weeks to avoid the risk of facing undesirable withdrawal symptoms.
Because it is a potent medication, you should not give it to others. Giving away Diazepam is against the law. When you no longer need this drug, avoid keeping it around. Improper use of this drug can be fatal, especially in children. Ask the pharmacist about the drug take-back disposal program; if you fail to find one, flush the meds down the toilet.
The typical Diazepam dosage is as per the following:
- Start with 2-10mg of the drug.
- Take it orally 3-4 times a day.
- A doctor can increase or decrease the dosage after observing your condition.
- The intital dose is 10mg.
- Take it 3-4 times for the first 24 hours.
- Reduce the intake to 5mg, 3-4 times a day, as required.
- Start the treatment with 2-10mg.
- Take it orally 3-4 times per day.
- Alter the quantity as per your doctor’s instructions.
What to know before taking Diazepam?
Before deciding to order Diazepam online or purchasing it offline, make sure to know what you should do, and avoid using it to minimize the risk of facing this drug’s adverse effects.
- Avoid this drug if you are allergic to benzodiazepines and similar medications.
- Mixing it with opioids, alcohol, or other prescription or non-prescription medicine can cause fatal side effects and result in drowsiness or breathing difficulties.
- Try avoiding this medicine if you have any physical or mental health issues. Medical problems can alter this drug’s functioning and cause you to experience heightened adverse effects.
- Try to avoid using this medicine during pregnancy because it can cause severe health damage to the unborn kid.
- Newborn kids of women who use this drug during pregnancy can experience life-threatening withdrawal symptoms at birth. Make sure to stop using this medicine if you plan to become pregnant.
- This drug can also be harmful to infants as it can pass into the breastmilk and cause various health issues. Try consulting a doctor before using it if you are breastfeeding.
- Strictly control older people’s dosage, as they are more prone to this drug’s adverse effects.
Diazepam side effects
Like other potent medications, this drug can also cause some adverse effects. The risk of undesirable effects become higher when you buy Diazepam online and start using it without consulting with a doctor. This medicine can cause mild to severe side effects. However, not everyone who uses this drug will encounter its undesirable effects, and even if they do, they are most likely to get mild symptoms.
Common side effects
- Dry mouth
- Excessive saliva
- Ataxia (inability to control muscle movements)
- Muscle weakness
These symptoms do not require medical assistance, but you should let the doctor know about their occurrence so they can adjust your dosage to avoid future adverse effects.
Serious side effects
- Slowed or slurred speech
- Suicidal thoughts
- Blurry or double vision
- Memory loss
- Trouble sleeping
- Increased muscle spasms
- Inability to hold urine
- Inability to urinate
- Abdominal muscle cramps
These symptoms can become life-threatening if not treated in time. Make use to immediately call 911 or visit the ER if you sense these adverse effects after using Diazepam.