What is Percocet?
Percocet is an opioid pain medication that is a combination of acetaminophen and oxycodone. Acetaminophen is a non-opioid pain reliever that increases the effects of oxycodone, which is an opioid substance.
You can buy Percocet online, but you should remain careful while using medicine as you can get addicted to it. Doctors only prescribe this drug when treatment with non-opioid medication proves to be ineffective.
What are the uses of Percocet?
Doctors usually prescribe this medicine to treat moderate to severe pain. This medication works by affecting the brain and nervous system of the patient and changing the way their body responds to pain. Acetaminophen present in this medicine can also reduce fever.
Percocet can be very addictive if not appropriately controlled, so it is not a good idea to use this medication without consulting with your doctor. You can easily buy pain medication online with a prescription.
You should follow the dosage as your doctor prescribes. The dosage is affected by various factors like age, the severity of your condition, and tolerance to this medicine. When you order Percocet pills from a website, you often get a dosage sheet that you could follow for proper dosage.
The usual Percocet dosage during initial treatment is as follows
- You can take 1 or 2 tablets at 6 hours interval as per the need
- Maximum number of tablets should not exceed 12 tablets per day
- Doctors usually prescribe one tablet after every 6 hours as required for pain
- You should not take more than 12 tablets in a single day
- You should typically take one tablet at 6 hours interval as per the requirement for the pain
- The maximum dose should not be more than eight tablets per day
- The usual dose is one tablet every 6 hours as required for the pain
- You should make sure not to take more than six tablets in a single day to avoid overdose
Note: After initial treatment, your doctor might increase or decrease the dosage as per your response to the medicine.
Side effects of Percocet
Percocet is an effective medicine for the treatment of pain, but being an opioid pain medication, it has some side effects which you should know. If you get any of these symptoms, then contact your doctor and let them know about the situation.
Common Percocet side effects
- Dry mouth
- Decrease ability to feel pain
- Stomach problem
Severe Percocet side effects
- Blurred vision
- Respiratory depression
- Circulatory depression
- Low blood pressure
- Swelling of tongue, face, and throat
- Rash and itching
- Difficulty waking up
- Adrenal glands problems
These side effects can last from few days to few weeks. If you experience them for an extended period, then you should inform your doctor without delay, as ignoring these symptoms can result in serious medical complications.
What precautions should you take while taking Percocet?
Percocet is readily available to buy either from a pharmacy or online. Some websites are selling Percocet that let you order without prescription. It is best to take some precautions while taking this medicine to avoid any potential problem.
- This medicine can be addictive, so only take as much dose as your doctor prescribes.
- Tell your doctor or dentist about this medication usage if you are to undergo any surgery.
- Inform your doctor about any medical condition that you have such as brain disorder, breathing problems, liver or kidney disease, depression, stomach problems, or mental issues.
- Older people might be more sensitive to the side effects of this medicine.
- Avoid this medicine during pregnancy as it may cause undesirable effects to the unborn baby.
- During nursing, you should refrain from using this drug as it can pass into breastmilk and can affect the infant. If you notice unusual sleepiness or breathing problems in the infant, then immediately consult with your doctor.
- Alcohol or marijuana can increase the dizziness caused by this medicine and also increase the risk of side effects.
- This drug can make you drowsy, so do not drive or do anything that requires complete attention until the effects of the medicine subside.
What physical and psychological conditions affect the use of Percocet?
Following physical and psychological and conditions affect how your body will react to this drug. Check with your doctor to confirm if you have any of these conditions before taking this medicine.
- Liver problem
- Systemic mastocytosis
- Acute liver failure
- Caloric undernutrition
- Acetaminophen overdose
- Toxic psychosis
- Alcohol intoxication
- Drug abuse
- Brain tumor
- Acute liver failure
- Inflammatory condition of intestines
- Spasm of a bile duct tract
- Enlarged prostate
- Sleep apnea
- Slow heartbeat
- Ulcerative colitis
- Gallbladder disease
- Cor pulmonale
- Addison’s disease
- High pressure within the skull
- Morbid obesity
- Opioid overdose
- Mood change
People who have any of these conditions and take Percocet are at an increased risk of developing severe side effects.